How to Send In Items to Us
We often get questions regarding how to send in your personal items for signing so have created this handy guide to help.
If you have any specific questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch with us!
When you place your order, you will receive a second order confirmation email that contains information on where and how to send your personal item.
That email will also have an invoice attached - please print this invoice and include it with your package. It contains a QR code that we will scan upon its arrival with us and allow us to email a receipt confirmation with photos of your item attached.
We will only be confirming receipt of items if this QR code is included in packages - if not included, please refer to the your tracking number to monitor its arrival.
1. PREAUTHORIZE ALL SEND IN ITEMS - some of our signings now have restrictions so we do not want you to send something unnecessarily.
2. MAILING ADDRESS - all items going forwards need to be mailed to YOUR NAME c/o Chris Riddoch.
3. LABELLING YOUR ITEM - we have taken the time to create instructions below showing how to label your item. A loose piece of paper or a print of your order does not count. Items that arrive not following these rules will NOT get signed.
4. DIRECT SHIP items - we are happy to accept direct ship items however orders on our website must be placed AFTER the item is purchased and the shipping tracking # added as a note to the order when checking out. DO NOT message us the tracking number - Facebook names and order names often do not match up.
By placing orders with us, you agree to these rules as part of the ordering process so please help us reduce our wasted time and effort and allow us to continue bringing more and more amazing opportunities to you all!
Labelling Your Items:
We request that you label all your items with the following information:
FRONT OF ITEM: signers' name, any requests (personalizations or character names), pen color and location.
REAR OF ITEM: your name, order number and whether Beckett COA is required
Sending In Flat Items
Items include but not limited to:
- Flat Posters
- Plastic Toploader
- 2 pieces of cardboard
- Rigid mailer
Insert your item into the toploader and sandwich between the cardboard. Insert into the rigid mailer.
Sending In Rolled Posters or Artwork
We receive a lot of rolled posters that get damaged during shipping so we recommend this process to best protect your item.
- Wrapping brown paper
- Mailing tube (if possible, double tube your poster for ultimate protection - place your tube within a tube)
- Kitchen tissue
Roll your poster in the brown wrapping paper. Make sure the brown paper is significantly longer to protect the edges of the poster. Insert balled kitchen tissue into each end of the tube to further protect the poster. If the poster is significantly shorter than the rube, add a lot of tissue to prevent your poster moving up and down in the tube during transit.